Why IOSH MS?
IOSH Managing Safely 5.0 is a UK accredited certification. IOSH MS qualification enables employees to learn Occupational Health and Safety. It is an International training course designed for everyone who works in any sector or organizations to enhance their potential to tackle health and safety at the workplace.
A basic qualification in health and safety for managers and supervisors in all organisations. The aim of the course is to “ensure that safety requirements are appreciated by people employed as line managers and enable them to review their systems for safety, introduce new controls or implementing changes as appropriate to make their workplace safer”.
Who is the course for?
Managing Safely is for non-health & safety expert personnel who have to manage risk & resources.
After successfully completing the course your staff will be better able to:
• Recognise the importance of managing health and safety
• Become aware of legal requirements
• Understand individual responsibilities
• Apply basic management principles and practices to safety and health issues as part of a total management strategy.
• Set achievable safety and health objectives and plan and implement courses of action to achieve those objectives.
• Recognise safety and health hazards present in the workplace.
• Carry out and record basic assessments of the risks associated with workplace hazards, and recommend suitable control measures.
• Appreciate the differences of active and reactive monitoring
• Ensure that adequate information, training and supervision is provided for employees.
• Human factors in relation to accidents
• Investigate accidents or incidents to determine the causes, identify trends and take appropriate actions.
• Understand the reporting requirements of certain accidents and incidents.
• Environmental considerations.
On successful completion of a 45 minute test & a workplace practical assessment, the delegate will receive an IOSH accredited certificate.
IOSH Managing Safety Syllabus
1 Introducing Managing Safely
2 Assessing Risks
3 Controlling Risks
4 Understanding your responsibilities
5 Identify Hazards
6 Investigating Accidents and Incidents
7 Measuring Performance
8 Protecting Environment