This Independence Day, let your Azaadi Ki Spirit soar sky-high...and unlike other years, allow us to invite you to enjoy it in Pacca Old-Delhi-walla Style... Boisterous and Colourful!!!
Oh yes, nowhere in the city, is kite-flying so synonymous with 15th Aug celebrations, nor can you see it being pursued with so much passion than in Old Delhi - The Walled City of Shahjahanabad area!
So on popular demand, DBF is back with its annual I-Day Old Delhi Fest, allow us to help you celebrate I-Day whole-heartedly in the most unique way possible; a hands-on experience of an erstwhile royal sport, from the highest rooftops near Jama Masjid....complete with a walk to check out the chaotic-frenzy in the Kite Bazaars....learning how to tie that perfectly balanced kite and flying those kites with the help of DBF team....indulging in old fashioned kite-flying duels in the open skies...concluding an action-packed evening with the high of savouring a small choice selection of funtastic Old-Delhi traditional goodies!
Join our co-founder, Dilli's cultural ambassador, heritage enthusiast & activist, Ramit Mitra and master story-tellers of our team as they will take you back in time to the late-Mughal era, when the kite flying & kite-duels/contests, better known as the art of Patangbaazi was one way of expressing joy & happiness....
Be it personal or any public occasion....be it religious festivals, a joyous event like birth of a royal prince or be it a memory of milestones of the past....like this date of 15th August, which the whole country celebrates!
1) Prepare & fly your own kites with easy tips from DBF team of expert kite-flyers and absorbing the Old Delhi style from a rooftop right in front of Jama Masjid!
2) Walk through the biggest Kite-seller's market of Delhi and learn the finer nuances of buying & preparing kites.
3) It is a Photographer's delight to capture pics of colorful kites at the Kite Bazaars of Delhi!
4) Stories of legendary kite makers & kite-flyers, the art and historical relevance of kite-flying.
5) Naturally so much of excitement will make us hungry so you will be pampered with typical "Shahjahanabadi Heavy Naashta"!
DAY, DATE & TIME: Wed, 15th August, 3:30PM onwards
CHARGES: Rs 1700/ person, includes stories/all kite flying requirements, foods etc. Rickshaw to terrace venue.
DISCOUNT: One child of age 8 or below can accompany free of cost per adult ticket.
Children between 9 - 14 yrs will be charged 50% BOOK CHILD TKT HERE
MEETING POINT/VENUE DETAILS WILL BE MAILED ONCE YOU BOOK.
FOR GROUP BOOKINGS OR TO SPEAK TO US CALL RAMIT @ 9871181775