Sources: The Hindu, Indian Express, PIB, Downtoearth, Economic Times etc.
Table of Contents:
National and International Importance
1. Making India a Preferred MICE Destination
2. Warming to boost deadly humidity levels across South Asia
3. Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons
4. 4th Session of the India-Tanzania Joint Trade Committee
5. Mechi River at Indo-Nepal border
6. MoU between India and Nepal
7. The Hague Convention and India
8. India and China
9. US India strategic partnership forum
10. JICF’s first meeting for NE region held
11. Agriculture Research Platform
12. MOU between India and Spain & BRICS
13. Hambantota under Chinese control
14. Bolivia to join Mercosur
15. China produces flammable ice/natural gas
16. Pakistan is yet to award the most favoured nation
17. India and MGC member countries
18. India and Iran
19. International Maritime Search and Rescue Exercise
20. MoU between India-Brazil
21. India and Myanmar
Economic and Social Issues
1. Ease of Doing Business Report by NITI Aayog
2. YUVA – a skill development programme
3. New Industrial Policy
4. Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
6. Alternative Mechanism
7. Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana
8. What is Herfindahl-Hirschman index in Economics?
9. What is loss aversion in Psychology?
10. What is Big Mac index in Economics?
11. What is payout ratio in finance?
12. What is ‘capital adequacy ratio’ in finance?
13. What is ‘Pork barrel’ in Economics?
14. What is ‘bounded rationality’ in economics?
16. Banking Regulation Bill
17. Anti-dumping duty
19. BHARAT 22
20. Exit of RBI from NABARD
21. Kishenganga projects
23. Financial Assistance to Economically Backward Classes Children
24. Labour Code on Wages Bill
25. India and Retirement Option
26. National Deworming initiative
28. Transparency of Rules Act
29. Centre’s eBiz initiative
30. North Koel Reservoir project in Jharkhand
31. 17th meeting of FSDC
32. Global Commission on the Future of Work
33. NITI Aayog pitches to remove agriculture from Essential Commodities Act
1. Jharkhand Religious Independence Bill, 2017
2. Institutions of Minority Education
3. Section 498A of IPC
4. What is Article 35A?
5. Endgame for Section 377?
6. The lowdown on the right to privacy
7. Right to Privacy & Aadhaar
8. Data privacy & India legislation
9. Quotas within OBC quota
10. Right to Privacy: What Supreme Court judges said in separate judgements
11. Privacy is a fundamental right
12. Plea against special status to J&K
13. Cattle trade ban rules
14. Inclusion of castes in Scheduled Caste List
15. Whistle Blowers Act defeat the very purpose of the legislation
16. Instant triple talaq
17. SC judgement on parliamentary secretaries
18. Anti-racial law
19. Indra Sawhney case
Science and Technological Issues
1. International Rice Research Institute South Asia Regional Centre
2. Ultra-thin carbon nanotubes
4. H1N1 returns
5. Artificial Intelligence
6. NASA’s Tracking and Data Relay Satellite-M
7. Big Bang Theory
8. Microsoft’s AI
9. Swasth Bachche, Swasth Bharat
10. Autism may reflect a brain imbalance
11. Why a scorpion sting hurts
12. Copper-coated membrane
13. ‘New state of matter’ discovered
14. What is Conformal Cyclic Cosmology?
15. What is Vaccinia?
16. Understanding the new DNA tech Bill
17. What is genome editing?
18. Blue Whale Challenge
19. New drug delivery for bacterial infections
20. IISc researchers discover CO sensor
21. Scientists develop silk mat to combat arthritis
22. Anti-Venom and Anti-Rabies injections
23. India 60th on its list of 130 most innovative countries
24. Liquid Nitrogen
25. ISRO, NASA working towards realisation of NISAR Mission by 2021
26. 2nd phase of measles-rubella vaccination drive launched
27. Online courses on infusion therapy
28. Now, DNA sensor for quick pathogen detection
Environment, Ecology & Geographical Issues
1. New species of the genus Nasikabatrachus
2. National Biopharma Mission
3. Tackling dengue with mosquitoes
4. Bringing Green Revolution to Eastern India
5. ‘Yoda bat’
6. Hilsa fish now a cerified unique product of Bangladesh
7. Rights to Explore Polymetallic Nodules
8. Two new species of Cycas found
9. What is a Perseid meteor shower?
10. Studying the Sun’s corona
11. What is El NINO?
12. What is Patagotitan?
13. India ratifies 2nd commitment period of Kyoto Protocol
14. Swachh Survekshan Gramin 2017
15. Focus on Chemicals in firecrackers
16. NAP, GIM launched to implement tree plantation
17. Two new species of plants
18. Hot Jupiter may have stratosphere
19. CAC adopts Codex norms for three spices
20. Save Western Ghats March
21. Hallucinogenic mushroom blooms in the Nilgiris
22. Coconut palm declared State tree of Goa
23. Aeroplanes may be affecting ozone, monsoon
24. ‘Malpelo plate’
25. All-India Elephant Population Estimation
26. Two new species of Earthworm discovered in Kerala
27. Moss serves as a cheap pollution monitor
28. Ocean forecasting system unveiled
29. What is Fisher’s principle in Biology?
Defence, Art & Culture Issues etc.
1. Promotion of traditional sports
2. Gobindobhog rice gets GI status
3. Sarvajanik Ganeshotsav & Michhamidukkadam
4. India’s Freedom Struggle: Contribution of Lala Lajpat Rai
5. Structural Temples
6. IN LCU L52
7. Sankalp Se Sidhi
8. Hyperspectral Imaging Satellite or HySIS
9. What is a ‘Columbian Exchange’ in History?
10. ISRO to develop full-fledged Earth observation satellite
11. Buffalo Chocolates
12. Venus – Israel launches first exploration satellite
13. NavIC: Indigenous regional positioning system
14. Shachi and Shruti
16. Monumental legislation