Get hands on with steel and learn to cut, bend, grind and weld!
Experience the fluidity of Steel through a creative journey with sculptor, Durga Gawde.
- Gain hands-on experience working with metal.
- Implement advanced creative thinking with a team build.
- Explore a collaborative approach to making.
The workshop will be 2 days long (6+6 = 12 hours in total).
Sat, 25th Feb and Sun 26th Feb - 11am to 5pm.
It will cover basics of arch welding. Participants will learn to cut, bend, grind and weld mild steel.
Durga Gawde graduated with a BFA in Sculpture from The Rhode Island School of Design. Her artistic practice is informed by an understanding of life, through the congruence of investigation of the self and biological forms. She enjoys sharing her creative skills with the world through dialogue and demonstration. Through her practice she aims to nurture and challenge the creative thought process of individuals from various fields and age groups.
This workshop is for beginners. Materials are included.
For a safe learning environment, the following is required from you:
- Please wear closed toe shoes. Canvas shoes and leather boots are preferred to protect your feet. (Ballerinas and running shoes will not protect your feet).
- Please tie and pin up long hair.
- Please wear half sleeve or full sleeve t-shirts and full length pants, preferably denims.
- Please do not wear synthetic materials. Cotton and denims are preferred.
Reserve your seat now !
Contribution for the Workshop : Rs. 5750/-