This September, Jamaica’s street style- Dancehall is coming to Juhu and The Space is getting Juhu On That Beat! Get ready to move ya body, it’s time for some Rasta Riddim!
Charges (Inclusive of GST):
Earlybird: Rs 600 (till 5th September)
After Earlybird: Rs 700 (From 6th September till 14th September)
At Door: Rs 900 (On 15th September)
Created within Jamaican culture and derived from Reggae music, Dancehall is a unique and expressive style that emerged in the mid to late 80s. Shreya will introduce you to the history of Dancehall culture and teach you the moves and steps of this form that are danced at dancehall/reggae parties across the globe. And what’s more, you get to dance these steps into a beginners choreography and freestyle to the hottest Dancehall tunes!
Shreya is a trained dancer with a background of Jazz & Contemporary and has been teaching Dancehall for over a year
She has trained in Dancehall under Jahnavi Sheriff a.k.a MsSheriff in Mumbai and internationally under Jamaican and European artists
She is a part of India's best Dancehall troupe - Smash Dem crew and has performed and organised dancehall events (with Indian & international artists) all over the country with them
1. This class is open to everyone above 12 years of age
2. Wear clothing that allows movement like stretchable bottoms and tees
3. Please reach 10 minutes before class to change
1. We do not permit single use plastics at The Space. Please don't carry such items with you. Water is available for all at The Space.
2. This ticket cannot be cancelled and is non refundable but can be transferred to another person for the same session itself.
3. This booking is subject to studio rules & policies.
For specific questions on the dance form, contact Swati at 9152319711 between 10 am to 6pm from Monday to Thursday