Have you tried the premium online store of Instamojo that comes with a host of new features? No? What are you waiting for!
In this short guide, we will guide you through setting up your own online store for free, the benefits of switching to the premium online store, and how to add your first product.
Read on to find out how you can build an online store for free in India and get a branded eCommerce website for your online business!
How to set up your Instamojo premium online store?
- First, go to Instamojo and create your Instamojo account. Sign up and verify your mobile number.
- Set up your payments on Instamojo.
- Click on ‘Create online store’.
4. Add important details like the name of the store, and business information. Also, add your social media information too. This helps your online store gain more visibility.
5. Ensure you fill in information like ‘ what are you selling’ and pick the right category.
6. Pick a template/ theme that represents your store. You can change this later. We will also show you how to choose the right theme for your store.
7. Set your store URL name
Your basic Instamojo store is ready! You can now start adding products to your store, write product descriptions, and start selling.
You can choose from two themes in the free version of the store. If you want more options and other features, upgrade to the premium plan.
We can now customise your store. Simply click under the online store icon in your dashboard LHS.
Watch this short video for a quick walkthrough on setting up your eCommerce website:
How to enable the premium store feature?
Subscribe to the premium online store for a yearly subscription fee starting at ₹3,999 per year (Starter Plan). To know more about pricing, visit our pricing page.
With this, you get:
- A wider range of themes and templates
- Setting up marketing campaigns for better and improved SEO
- Enable additional SMS and Email Marketing Campaigns for your store when the default options run out
- Get access to Instamojo domains and emails for your online store marketing.
- Link a domain purchased from another vendor to your Instamojo online store
- Manage your online store back end – run page scripts
Selecting a theme for your eCommerce website
A theme gives a consistent visual look to your online store. So, you should choose one that goes well with your brand. There are two free themes available on Instamojo. And, with a premium plan, you get access to more than 30 beautiful themes. Go to the themes section of your dashboard and choose a theme that fits your brand. Some popular themes on Instamojo are Ikkat and Runway.
To know more about Instamojo premium themes, read this.
Managing your products
Before we go to the different features of your new and advanced premium Instamojo online store, let us quickly learn a little more about the product categories and attributes in your store. We will explore creating and optimising the features under here in detailed upcoming guides. Here is a brief summary of the features under the ‘Product’ section of your dashboard.
All Products – You can view all your products here
Categories – This helps you when you have to ‘Add a product’ to your store. Before you add a product, mention what categories fall in your online store. Categories help you get better discoverability of products on the website. We will explore this in detail in our next guide.
Attributes – Product attributes are the additional specifications of your product that your customer would want to know.
Organizing the attributes of a product by creating groups such as Specifications, Product dimensions, etc will make it easy for customers to understand more aspects of the product.
Product Options: This is to deal with the product options and the product option values that you would want to provide your customers additionally for the product which they want to buy.
Reviews – Customer reviews about your products appear here.
Wholesale discounts – Wholesale discounts can be provided to customers who buy products in bulk.
Referral discounts – If you wish to generate a discount code to support other businesses, this is the discount code you can use.
Related Read: How to write product descriptions to get more sales
How to add a product to your premium Instamojo online store
Let’s figure out how to add your first product to your online store. You can choose to add 3 kinds of products:
- Physical product
- Digital Products
- Event Tickets
Fill in the basic information about your product. If you wish to provide a promo discount on your product, add it here. Mention the shipping time period too.
Short description: Add a 1-2 line description of your product (maximum 500 characters).
Description: This is the detailed description of the product covering its features and other information you would want your customer to know.
Product page title: This is the Page Name displayed at the tab of the browser. This title can also be used for on-page SEO.
Choose your shipping criteria. This will help to package the product accordingly. Manage your inventory information – how much stock you will maintain, the minimum and maximum order quantity.
Select a shipping partner: Worried about shipping your products? You can choose to partner with any of the top shipping services in India directly from your Instamojo dashboard.
Additional Details – Here, you can edit font size, add a product title and make any content edits or changes for a product you create.
Related Read: 5 affordable shipping services in India for small businesses
What else do you get with Instamojo premium online store?
- Partner easily with the top shipping service of your choice from your dashboard
- Offer discount codes and festive sales on your online store to get more customers
- Get access to eCommerce analytics to make better business decisions
- Track abandoned carts and take measures to increase conversion.
Here are some more resources to help you in building your eCommerce website:
- How to customise your home page on your Instamojo store
- How to add products to your Instamojo free online store
- 6 Instamojo tools and plugins for your business
Sign up today and see your dream eCommerce website come to life!