ClearIAS Backgrounder (Current Affairs) covers the background of 100 most important topics for UPSC Civil Services Exam. This ebook (PDF) is equally useful for Prelims, Mains, and Interview.
Note: The book is useful not only for IAS aspirants preparing for UPSC 2020, but also for aspirants preparing UPSC 2019 Interview as well (quick-revision of background concepts).
Table of Contents (100 Most Important Topics for UPSC CSE)
- Abrogation of Special Status of Jammu and Kashmir
- Full statehood to Delhi: Should it be granted or not?
- Ayodhya dispute
- Price Deficiency Payment mechanism
- Aadhaar and Privacy issues
- Election Funding
- Free Speech: Rights & Limits
- Frequent promulgation of Ordinance
- Interstate water disputes
- Judicial activism and judicial Overreach
- Judicial appointment: Collegiums Vs NJAC
- Media freedom and Responsible reporting
- Muslim Personal law: Polygamy/ Triple talaq
- NGOs and Development/ Crackdown on NGOs
- Dalit assertion and Politics of reservation
- Restriction on entry of women in places of worship
- Supreme Court judgement on Caste, Religion in Polls
- Parliamentary disruptions
- Uniform civil code
- Agrarian crisis: Issues in farmer economy
- Issues related to Social Media
- Criminalisation of politics
- Marital rape
- ‘Living wills’/ Euthanasia
- Net neutrality
- Merger of PSU banks
- Privatization of Air India
- Capital Punishment/death sentence
- Politics and Economics of farm loan waiver
- Entry of foreign universities in India
- National Medical Commission Act 2019
- Barring MPs from practicing law
- Lateral entry: Professionalizing Governance or Committed Bureaucracy?
- Section 377: Constitutionality Vs Morality
- Institutions of Eminence: Can the tag help to create world-class universities?
- Higher Education Commission of India
- Bad bank: Is it a good idea?
- Data protection: Privacy Vs Innovation
- Ayushman Bharat: Can it make India healthier?
- SC/ST Act judgment: Protecting the innocent or diluting the Protection?
- Khap Panchayats and honour killing
- National Policy on Biofuels
- Should the SC proceedings be live streamed?
- Doubling the Farmer’s income
- What prevents women from working in India?
- Special category status
- National Register of Citizens
- Death penalty for raping minor
- Mob lynching: Is it becoming a new normal?
- RTI: Is it on the brink of extinction?
- India in SCO: Benefits and challenges
- Minimum Support Price
- Reservation in promotion for SC/ST employees
- No detention under RTE
- Inter-linking of rivers
- Compensatory Afforestation
- Non Performing Assets
- Amendments to prevention of corruption Act
- Issues related to appointment of Lokpal
- Office of the Speaker: Powers and Issues
- Use and Misuse of sedition law
- Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA)
- Rights of the Transgender Persons
- Swachh Bharat Mission and Manual Scavenging
- NITI Aayog: Old wine in new bottle?
- Adultery: Section 497 of IPC
- Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) and India
- The National Digital Communications Policy 2018
- Sexual harassment at the workplace
- India’s effort towards fighting Climate Change: Issues and Challenges
- Issues and challenges before the World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Forest Rights Act (FRA)
- Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)
- Online pharmacies: Why opposition?
- INS Arihant: India's nuclear deterrence
- Data interception order: digital surveillance?
- Surrogacy: Issues and challenges
- Implementing NOTA in the right spirit
- Intellectual Property Rights in Agriculture: Pepsico case
- New rules for e-commerce
- Reservation for Economically weaker sections
- Election commission of India: A crisis of credibility?
- Women’s Reservation Bill
- Unemployment Crisis in India
- Official Secrets Act, 1923
- The water crisis in India
- Should India shift to proportional representation from the FPTP system?
- What SAARC can learn from ASEAN?
- Draft National Education Policy, 2019
- India’s push for Electric Vehicles
- Mission Shakti: Anti-satellite missile
- Code on Wages Bill, 2019
- Plastic pollution
- National Human Rights Commission (NHRC)
- Ban on cow slaughter/ Beef ban
- Economic growth Vs Environmental conservation
- Nationalism vs Regionalism
- Should India spend more on science or Social welfare?
- Laws to ban certain social practices
- Is AI a danger to humanity?
Analysis Of Current Affairs
- Major Issues In News
- Background Understanding
- Views And Counter-views
- Conceptual Clarity
- Easy For Quick Revision
- Save Time
- Remain Focused
Unique features of the ebook “ClearIAS Backgrounder – Current Affairs”
- Most Important Events of National and International Importance is presented in a simple and easy-to-learn language.
- You will get an idea of the background/history of important issues.
- Arguments in favour and arguments against are presented. This will be highly useful for UPSC CSE Mains and Interview to take a stand.
- Reference links to related discussions – text and video – from important websites like Rajya Sabha TV, PIB, PRS India, AIR etc are provided.
A must-buy for Mains and Interview (also useful for Prelims)
The details presented in this ebook will be highly useful to answer various questions from the current affairs section of UPSC Civil Service Exam - Prelims, Mains and Interview.
Issue-based study (with views and counter-views) is highly helpful for the UPSC Civil Services Exam Mains (written test) as well as the Interview (personality test). Many topics from this ebook (PDF) can be extremely useful for the essay paper (Mains) as well.
Edition - 1.0; Pages - 540; Format - PDF. Now available in the store for just Rs.199.
Attention: ClearIAS Prelims Test Series Subscribers
As a value-addition to ClearIAS Prelims Online Mock Test Series Subscribers, we are offering ClearIAS Backgrounder (Current Affairs) for FREE. This is an offer exclusive for the paid users on ClearIAS mock exam platform.
Once you enroll in ClearIAS Prelims Test Series, you will get an email from ClearIAS with subscriber discount code. If you don't get the discount code even after 7 days of enrolling, email us your registered email and username, we will email again you the discount code. All the best!