This is the 2nd Edition of the book “Current Issues – What’s hot today?” (PDF). The new edition includes about 50 current issues which need your immediate attention (yes, a lot more new issues than our 1st edition!). Also, many of the earlier topics still relevant today are updated with the latest current affairs.
50 Current Issues: Views vs Counter-Views
Issue-based study (with views and counter-views) is highly helpful for the UPSC Civil Services Exam Mains (written test) as well as the Interview (personality test). These are the issues covered in this e-book.
- Aadhaar and Privacy issues
- Ban on cow slaughter/ Beef ban
- Cashless Economy
- Economic growth Vs Environmental conservation
- Election Funding
- Free Speech: Rights & Limits
- Frequent promulgation of Ordinance
- Full statehood to Delhi: Should it be granted or not?
- Hate crimes on Indians in US
- Interstate water disputes: Focus on Cauvery Water Dispute
- India and ISIS
- Judicial activism and judicial Overreach
- Judicial appointment: Collegiums Vs NJAC
- Kashmir Unrest
- Liquor ban in Bihar and Kerala
- Media freedom and Responsible reporting
- Muslim Personal law: Polygamy/ Triple talaq
- Nationalism vs Regionalism
- NGOs and Development/ Crackdown on NGOs
- Nuclear Energy: Support, opposition, Safety concerns India
- Dalit assertion and Politics of reservation
- Restriction on entry of women in places of worship
- Should India spend more on science or Social welfare?
- Student/Campus Politics
- Supreme Court judgement on Caste, Religion in Polls
- Parliamentary disruptions
- Uniform civil code
- Privatization of certain Healthcare Services
- Agrarian crisis: Issues in farmer economy
- Issues related to Social Media
- Criminalisation of politics
- Stubble burning in neighborhood of Delhi
- Marital rape
- ‘Living wills’/ Euthanasia
- Separate State Flag in Karnataka
- Net neutrality
- Merger of PSU banks
- Privatization of Air India
- Capital Punishment/death sentence
- Politics and Economics of farm loan waiver
- Laws to ban certain social practices
- Entry of foreign universities in India
- Respecting national anthem
- Special court for trying politicians
- Rajasthan bill to protect civil servants
- FRDI bill
- National Medical Commission Bill
- Barring MPs from practicing law
- Controversy over changing the Constitution
Unique features of the ebook “Current Issues – What’s Hot Today?”
- Most Important Events of National and International Importance is presented in a simple and easy-to-learn language.
- You will get an idea of the background/history of important issues.
- Arguments in favour and arguments against are presented. This will be highly useful for UPSC CSE Mains and Interview to take a stand.
- Reference links to related discussions – text and video – from important websites like Rajya Sabha TV, PIB, PRS India, AIR etc are provided.
A must-buy for Mains and Interview (also useful for Prelims)
The details presented in this ebook will be highly useful to answer various questions from the current affairs section of UPSC Civil Service Exam - Prelims, Mains and Interview.
Pages - 252; Edition - 2.0; Format - PDF. Now available in the store for just Rs.149.