Update: There is a new edition to this title. You can get it here: ClearIAS Backgrounder: Current Affairs
This is the 3rd Edition of the ebook (PDF) “Current Issues – What’s hot today?”. We thank all our readers for the warm support and reception given for the first and second editions.
Issue-based study (with views and counterviews) is highly helpful for the UPSC Civil Services Exam Mains (written test) as well as the Interview (personality test).
The new edition includes about 75 current issues which need your attention (yes, a lot more new issues than our 1st and 2nd editions!) Also, many of the earlier topics still relevant today are updated with the latest current affairs. Some topics that are not applicable for this year are omitted as well.
Thanking all of you once again for supporting our mission of quality but affordable education
75 Most Important Topics for UPSC Mains and Interview - Table of Contents
- Aadhaar and Privacy issues
- The ban on cow slaughter/ Beef Ban
- Cashless Economy
- Economic growth Vs Environmental conservation
- Election Funding
- Free Speech: Rights & Limits
- Frequent promulgation of Ordinance
- Full statehood to Delhi: Should it be granted or not?
- Interstate water disputes: Focus on Cauvery Water Dispute
- Judicial activism and judicial Overreach
- Judicial appointment: Collegium Vs NJAC
- Kashmir Unrest
- Media freedom and Responsible reporting
- Muslim Personal law: Polygamy/ Triple talaq
- Nationalism vs Regionalism
- NGOs and Development/ Crackdown on NGOs
- Dalit assertion and Politics of reservation
- Restriction on the entry of women in places of worship
- Should India spend more on science or Social welfare?
- Supreme Court judgement on Caste, Religion in Polls
- Parliamentary disruptions
- Uniform civil code
- Privatization of certain Healthcare Services
- Agrarian crisis: Issues in farmer economy
- Issues related to Social Media
- Criminalisation of politics
- Stubble burning in the neighbourhood of Delhi
- Marital rape
- ‘Living wills’/ Euthanasia
- Separate State Flag in Karnataka
- Net neutrality
- The merger of PSU banks
- Privatization of Air India
- Capital Punishment/death sentence
- Politics and Economics of farm loan waiver
- Laws to ban certain social practices
- Entry of foreign universities in India
- Respecting national anthem
- The special court for trying politicians
- FRDI bill
- National Medical Commission Bill
- Barring MPs from practising law
- Controversy over changing the Constitution
- Lateral entry: Professionalizing Governance or Committed Bureaucracy?
- Section 377: Constitutionality Vs Morality
- Institutions of Eminence: Can the tag help to create world-class universities?
- Higher Education Commission of India
- Bad bank: Is it a good idea?
- Data protection: Privacy Vs Innovation
- Ayushman Bharat: Can it make India healthier?
- SC/ST Act judgment: Protecting the innocent or diluting the Protection?
- Crisis in the sugar sector
- Khap Panchayats and honour killing
- National Policy on Biofuels
- Should the SC proceedings be live streamed?
- Doubling the Farmer’s income
- Is AI a danger to humanity?
- What prevents women from working in India?
- Special category status
- National Register of Citizens
- Price Deficiency Payment mechanism
- Death penalty for raping minor
- Mob lynching: Is it becoming a new normal?
- RTI amendments
- India in SCO: Benefits and challenges
- Minimum Support Price
- Reservation in promotion for SC/ST employees
- No detention under RTE
- Interlinking of rivers
- Compensatory Afforestation
- Non Performing Assets
- Amendments to the prevention of Corruption Act
- Issues related to the appointment of Lokpal
- Does RBI need more power to monitor Banks?
- Office of the Speaker: Powers and Issues
Unique features of the ebook “Current Issues – What’s Hot Today?”
- Most Important Events of National and International Importance is presented in a simple and easy-to-learn language.
- You will get an idea of the background/history of important issues.
- Arguments in favour and arguments against are presented. This will be highly useful for UPSC CSE Mains and Interview to take a stand.
- Reference links to related discussions – text and video – from important websites like Rajya Sabha TV, PIB, PRS India, AIR etc are provided.
A must-buy for Mains and Interview (also useful for Prelims)
The details presented in this ebook will be highly useful to answer various questions from the current affairs section of UPSC Civil Service Exam - Prelims, Mains and Interview.
Edition - 3.0; Pages - 405; Format - PDF. Now available in the store for just Rs.199.