Mode of Classes
Live Interactive sessions via Zoom Platform
Description of the Course
Game Development is the art of creating games and describes the design, development and release of a game. It may involve concept generation, design, build, test and release. While you create a game, it is important to think about the game mechanics, rewards, player engagement and level design.
A game developer could be a programmer, a sound designer, an artist, a designer or many other roles available in the industry.
Game Development can be undertaken by a large Game Development Studio or by a single individual. It can be as small or large as you like. As long as it lets the player interact with content and is able to manipulate the game’s elements, you can call it a ‘game’.
Topics to be covered and Sessions alloted to each Session:
C# (BASICS) - 10 Sessions
Introduction to Unity 3D Game Engine - 10 Sessions
Project based learning - 20 Sessions
A Laptop/Desktop with either Mac or Windows OS.
Visual Studio (For coding in C#)
Who this course is for:
• Anyone that wants to learn AutoCAD
• People who may have used AutoCAD before and would like to brush up
• People moving to AutoCAD from another drafting software type
**Topics we cover **
Game Development Basics
The roles in development and skills required
Game design theory
Deconstruction of video games
Tools and techniques in development (Game engines)
Programming in games
Get an Introduction to Unity3D interface.
Introduction to using scripts written in C# with the game.
Get an introduction to using 2D sprites in the game.
Learn about Bullet, Enemy AI mechanics.
Basics of scripting and introduction to C#
Introduction to Level Design
Project: Depending on speed of course one of two projects Pong or Space Invaders
Learn how to move Game Objects using Scripts.
Learn about 3D game components.
Control and Manipulate 3D objects using code
Learn about the basics of having a Game Loop.
Create a small UI based game to understand the UI system.
Build the game for different platforms like Desktop, Web or Android.
Publish the game on itch.io for others to play.
Outcome of Course
● This course is designed for absolute beginners who want to learn and dive into the world of Game Development.
● In this course you’ll be learning about the various components of Game Development incrementally by designing and developing 5 different games.
● All these games are chosen as they target only some of the components while learning, so that at the end of the course you’ll be able to develop a full-fledged game on your own and even let your friends play it by publishing it on various online platforms.
● We’ll be using C# as the programming language through this course for the different game objects that we’ll create. You don't need any prior knowledge of C# to start with this course; we’ll be covering enough parts to get you started.
● Learn C#, from scratch by creating games. No prior programming experience is necessary.
● Become excellent at using the Unity game engine.
● Learn about the Unity UI system.
● Add music and sounds to your game to make it more engaging.
● Build your own games by having proper knowledge of game design and game development.
● Learn how object oriented programming works in practice.
● Create playable game projects - add them to your Resume, or just for your own sense of achievement.
● Finally, learn about how to export your game to various platforms