Docker is the industry standard and production ready containerization solution. It helps improving the security by isolating processes. It is also more cost effective and efficient than virtual machines because it is able to pack many more isolated environments on a single bare-metal.
We present a classroom program to take a deep dive into Docker ecosystem.
About the Workshop
In this two day classroom program, we would start from the introduction and help you create your own Docker images and run containers from them. We will see various orchestration tools like Docker Compose, Swarm and Kubernetes. We will also see how to deploy Docker containers using CI/CD tools like Jenkins.
By the end of this session you would be able to run Docker containers on your laptop, on small scale non-critical setups as well as critical production environments. You would be able to understand the core concepts of containerization and understand advanced literature and jargons around Docker and its ecosystem.
Who should attend this workshop?
The workshop is suitable for anyone looking for a head start in containerization on Docker Platform. The course is designed to cover basics and advanced material regardless of their current role. By the end of the workshop, you would be able to build and manage Docker clusters.
Outline of the session
- Introduction to containers
- Difference between virtual machines and containers
- Docker setup
- Basic Docker commands
- Demo of Docker Machine
- Introduction to Docker images
- Building Docker images
- Introduction to Docker registry
- Docker networking concepts
- Using cAdvisor for monitoring
- Docker Remote API
- Docker Compose
- Docker Swarm and Swarm Mode (new in Docker 1.12)
- Kubernetes Setup and Deployment Strategies.
- Demo of Apache Mesos and Marathon
- Hands-on for CoreOS
- Continuous Integration using Jenkins
An early bird discount of 25% is available till 24 March, 10 pm using URL: http://imojo.in/cpdmvv/?discount=earlybird
Aditya Patawari is a Docker power-user and have managed production grade Docker container clusters. He has conducted workshops and training sessions for several organizations and have contributed to several open sourced projects in Docker and container ecosystem.
He conducts one day and two days training sessions to help users understand various Docker concepts, from installation to building highly available and orchestrated Docker clusters.
He also consult to containerize existing applications and set up production grade environments for running Docker clusters.
- A laptop which can ssh to remote machines.
- Knowledge of basic Linux commands.
- Remote VMs will be provided for hands-on practice.
Date and Venue
The workshop will happen on 1 April and 2 April starting at 10 am each day. Tentative venue is Residency Road or Koramangala.
Lunch and Tea/Coffee will be provided.
We have worked really hard to ensure that workshop is of great quality. However, if you have cannot attend the workshop, the you can do one of the following things:
1. You can transfer the ticket to one of your friends or colleagues. This is the best option and is beneficial for both organizers and attendees.
2. You can claim monetary refund. We will issue up to 92% of the amount as refund if you cancel before 2 weeks. Since we go ahead with booking the location and other arrangements, if less than 2 weeks but more than 2 days are left for the workshop, we can refund 50% of the amount.
Please note that there are limited seats available.