Kitchen gardening connects you with healthy soil and healthy food- be it in your balcony, terrace, window grill or backyard.
Urban apartments can very well be home to many useful edible plants that can nourish us and our families.
No formulas! Just unravelling of the simple mysteries of nature that will give you all the practical knowledge needed to kick-start your organic kitchen garden!
The workshop will also include a module on home kitchen waste composting, and application of that in your garden!
This practical workshop will cover –
- Basics of Soil Ecology
- Making a ‘Living Soil’ pot
- Sowing seeds
- Re-using different containers as planters
- DIY Drip Irrigation methods
- Sapling Making – bottle planter
- What to grow when – Sowing Calendar
- Home-made pest remedies
- Health and Maintenance of your plants
- Kitchen-waste Composting at Home – Made easy!
Green Souls Organic Community Farm Project, Kharghar
Behind St Jude India Child Care Center
Tata Hospital (ACTREC), next to Golf Course
Sector 22, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai
1 Adult (17+yrs): Rs 1500 per head
1 Junior (12-17 yrs) : Rs 1000 per head
1 Parent - Child Combo: 1 Adult + 1 Child (5-12yrs): Rs 2200
1 Couple: 2 Adults: Rs 2800 for combo
1 Family: 2 Adults (17+yrs) + 1 Child (5-12 yrs):Rs 3500 combo
Group (3 adults): Rs 4200 combo
Group (4 adults): Rs 5600 combo
Includes - Living Soil Starter Kit
*NO ‘on the spot’ entries, Pre-registration is mandatory. It allows us to make planned arrangements for all. :) Thank you!
Snacks break (11 am) Included
Part of all contributions will go towards maintenance of the Green Souls organic farm project, a social project, where all the produce that is grown go to children from St Jude who are undergoing treatment for cancer.
For any queries or assistance contact:
9320306700 / 9870113541
Few Instructions & Directions:
The venue for the event will be inside the St Jude organic food garden itself, which has a rustic Bamboo gazebo – a roofed structure without walls – keeping us grounded and close to nature. It will involve practical outdoor activity, so be ready to get your hands dirty!
What to carry –
• Wear crocs or floaters (not closed or sports shoes) and preferably clothes with full leg cover.
• Water bottle, a cap, your own gloves (if you need it...though we recommend you get mud stuck in your nails, you can always wash them).
• If you are coming with a young child then please bring along whatever he/she may need.
• You are free to get any home-made snacks you want to share with the group (this is completely optional...we will have breakfast for all ☺)
Directions to the venue:
Tata Hospital (ACTREC):
From Kharghar Station:
Tata Hospital is a famous landmark. You will get an autorickshaw for Rs 60 from kharghar station to Tata hospital, approx 5 km and will take 10-15 mins. There is also bus no 54 available from the station, which will take 20 to 30 mins.
Once you are at Tata Hospital (ACTREC) main gate, tell the security ‘ST JUDE'. Take the straight road from the gate. Take the very last left and then take the last left again. On this road, you will find St Jude building on your right hand side. The Green Souls garden is behind this building.
Kindly report by 8. 45 am .
Looking forward to meet you all!