This report, brought to you in association with Akamai Technologies, contains over 100 visualizations, along with sharp analysis of how rapidly Mobile Payments business in India is growing. Also included in this version is an analysis specific to demonetisation, where we look at data on how card and payment instrument behaviour changed during and after demonetization.
The report has data on credit cards, debit cards, mobile banking, prepaid wallets, NEFT for various banks, as well as some publicly disclosed information from companies like Paytm, Itz Cash, Mobikwik, Money on Mobile, among others.
The banks we’ve covered include Axis Bank, HDFC, ICICI, PNB and State Bank of India. All in all, there are over 100 charts in this report.
Some examples of what the charts cover:
- Total number of Debit Cards, cards added, number of transactions and amount transacted, top 5 banks, top 10 banks.
- Total number of Credit Cards, cards added, number of transactions and amount transacted, top 5 banks, top 10 banks.
- Mobile Banking, transaction volume, amount transacted, average amount per transaction, top 5 banks
- IMPS: total MMIDs, MMIDs added, number of transactions, amount transacted.
Some of the charts:
The visualizations are based on:
- Data disclosed by the Reserve Bank of India
- Data available from industry disclosures and reports.