The Indian Parliament conducted its Budget Session from roughly a one-month period from June 17 to July 26, 2019. Across Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha, members of parliament asked over 300 questions related to the digital & internet economy and policy. The questions varied around implementation of announced projects, Aadhaar linkage, policies in the draft stage, digitisation of governance, cybersecurity, data protection, privacy, digital payments, and e-vehicles, among many others.
This report collates all 300+ questions and their answers relating to the digital & internet economy and policy. The report lays out each of the 300+ questions and their answers, which MP asked each question, to which ministry, and which political party each MP belongs to, along with sharp, concise analysis of each segment. The material has been sourced from the websites of the Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha.
Categories of questions:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Banking and Digital Payments
- Cybersecurity and Online Government Security
- Digitisation and E-governance
- Electric Vehicles and E-Transportation
- Fake News and Paid News
- Make in India
- Social Media, Online Content, and Online Abuse
- Telecom and Internet Penetration
- Foreign Direct Investment and Foreign Trade