If you are thinking of starting a company in Maharashtra then you have to obtain Gumasta License. Gumasta License is an important license in Maharashtra because without obtaining this license you cannot carry commercial activity in Maharashtra.
This article talks about Gumasta License so you will get an idea about Gumasta license. This license is also known as shop and establishment act license and it is governed by the Municipal Corporation of Mumbai under the Maharashtra Shop and Establishment Act. Procedure of registration is very easy and simple you can get this easily by filing an online application. This license is very important to get another license which is required for a company so you should get this license.
What is a Gumasta License?
Gumasta license is similar to Shop Establishment License, in Maharashtra, if you want to carry a commercial/business activity then you have to obtain Gumasta license, without obtaining Gumasta License you cannot carry a commercial activity. This license is issue by the Municipal Corporation of Mumbai under the Maharashtra shop establishment act. If you are thinking of starting a company in Mumbai then you have to obtain this. In the case of failure of registration under Gumasta, you may have to face legal consequences.
Advantages of Gumasta License
• There are many benefits of having Gumasta license like you will get tax subsidies from the government of Maharashtra so you should obtain this.
• You can use this license as legal proof as it serves as a proof of legal entity
• If you want to open a current bank account for your business then you have to first obtain this license because most of banks ask for this license for opening a current account.
• In case if you want loan from government or if you want to get benefit from state government then it is easy to get these things if you have Gumasta License.
• It is easy to get loan from government
How to apply for Gumasta License
• You can apply for Gumasta license through online and offline procedure, for offline mode you have to visit the office of Municipal corporation Mumbai and have to fill the application form for license and then have to submit the form along with documents
• If you want to file your application through online mode then you have to visit the official website of Municipal corporation of Mumbai or you can click on this link http://www.mcgm.gov.in
• After clicking on the above link, a new page will open where you have to click on the section of shop and establishment button then a new web page will open where you will find that all types of services provided by shop and establishment act will be mention so you have choose form A if you have 10 or more employees because you have to file the form A if you have 10 or more employee or if you have less than 10 employees in your company then you have to fill the form F.
• So if you have 10 or more employee then you have to choose “Application for Registration of Shops & Establishment (Form A) (10 and above Employees)”
• As you can see above that if you have 0 to 9 employees in your business then you have to fill the form F, this is an intimation application, in this you are intimate the municipal corporation that you have less than 10 employees.
• When you choose form A or F, you have to fill the form with required information like you name, employees number, place of business, class of business, nature of business, and other information and then you have to attach the required documents.
• After attaching your documents you can submit the form. When you submit the form a challan will generate so you have to fill that challan. Then you have to print that challan and form and then have to submit to the Municipal Corporation. Then authority will check your form along with documents if they find everything is fine then they will send your certificate through email.
• Aadhar card
• PAN card
• Address proof
• Application letter in the prescribed form
• Proof of ownership of property
• Authority letter for business
• Partnership deed
• Incorporation certificate of company
As you can see in above article that Gumasta license is an important license in Maharashtra because without obtaining this article you may not allowed to do a commercial activity in local are. If you have 10 or more employees in your business then you have to file form A for obtaining Gumasta License and if you have less than 10 employees then you have to file Form F for intimating to the Municipal Corporation. So if you are thinking of starting a company in Maharashtra then you should get this license and you can see above that it is very easy to get this license.