RAS/RTS Mains Exam Paper – I
General Knowledge and General Studies
Unit I- HISTORY
Part A – History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition and Heritage of Rajasthan
• Major landmarks in the History of Rajasthan from Prehistoric time to close of 18th Century, Important dynasties, their administrative and revenue system.
• Salient events of 19th & 20th centuries: Peasant & Tribal Movements. Political Awakening, Freedom Movement and Integration.
• Heritage of Rajasthan: Performing & fine Art, Handicraft and Architecture; Fairs, Festivals, Folk Music and Folk Dance
• Important works of Rajasthani Literature and Dialects of Rajasthan.
• Saints , Lok Devtas and eminent personalities of Rajasthan
Part B – Indian History & Culture
• Indian heritage: Fine Art, Performing Art, Architecture & Literature from Indus Civilization to British Era.
• Religious Movements and religious philosophy in Ancient and Medieval India.
• History of Modern India from beginning of 19th Century to 1965 AD: Significant events, personalities and issues.
• Indian National Movement- Its various stages & streams, important contributors and contribution from different parts of the country.
• Socio-religious Reform Movements in 19th and 20th Century.
• Post Independence consolidation and reorganisation – Accession of princely states & Linguistic reorganisation of the states.
Part C – History of Modern World (up to 1950AD)
• Renaissance and Reformation.
• Enlightenment and Industrial Revolution.
• Imperialism and colonialism in Asia and Africa.
• Impact of World Wars.
Unit II- ECONOMICS
Part A- Indian Economy
• Major Sectors of Economy: Agriculture, Industry & Service- Current Status, Issues and Initiatives.
• Banking: Concept of Money supply & High Powered Money. Role and Functions of Central Bank & Commercial Banks, issues of NPA, Financial Inclusion.
• Monetary Policy- Concept, objectives & Instruments.
• Public Finance: Tax reforms in India- Direct & Indirect, subsidies- Cash Transfer and other related issues.
• Recent Fiscal Policy of India.
• Recent Trends in Indian Economy: Role of Foreign Capital, MNCs, PDS, FDI,Exim Policy, 12th Finance Commission, Poverty alleviation schemes.
Part B- World Economy
• Global Economic issues and trends: Role of World Bank, IMF & WTO.
• Concept of Developing, Emerging and Developed countries.
• India in global Scenario.
Part C- Economy of Rajasthan
• Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Dairy and Animal husbandry with special reference to Rajasthan.
• Industrial Sector- Growth and recent trends.
• Growth, Development & Planning with special reference to Rajasthan.
• Recent development and issues in service sector of Rajasthan.
• Major Development Projects of Rajasthan- their objectives and impact.
• Public Private Partnership Model for Economic Transformation in Rajasthan.
• Demographic Scenario of the State and its impact on Rajasthan Economy.
Unit III- SOCIOLOGY, MANAGEMENT, ACCOUNTING & AUDITING
Part A- Sociology
Development of Sociological Thought in India
• Social Values
• Caste Class & Occupation
• Varna, Ashram, Purusharthas and Sanskar Vyavastha
• Issues and Problems of Society.
• Tribal community of Rajasthan: Bhil, Mina (Meena) and Garasia.
Part B- Management
• Management – Scope, concept, functions of Management – Planning, Organizing, Staffing, Direction, Coordination and Control, Decision-Making: concept, process and techniques.
• Modern concept of Marketing, Marketing Mix – Product, Price, Place and Promotion
• Objective, concept of maximization of wealth, Sources of Finance – Short and Long term, Capital Structure, Cost of Capital
• Concept and Main theories of Leadership and Motivation, Communication, Basics of recruitment, selection, induction, training & development and appraisal system
Part C- Accounting & Auditing
• Techniques of analysis of Financial statements, Basics of Working Capital Management, Responsibility and Social Accounting
• Meaning & Objectives of Auditing, Internal Control, Social, Performance and Efficiency Audit.
• Basics of different types of Budgeting, Budgetary control