Unit II- General Science & Technology
Nanotechnology: -Concept and its application; Nano Mission of India.
• Nuclear technology: - Basic concept, radioactivity and its applications, different types of nuclear reactors, civilian and military uses. Institutional structure for development of nuclear technology in India.
• Telecommunication :- Basic concept, Telecom application for socio-economic development of masses, Indian telecom industry with brief history, National
• Telecom Policy and TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India)
• Electromagnetic waves, communication systems, basics of computers, uses of information technology, e-governance and e-commerce in administration.
• Defence :- Types of missiles with reference to the India Missile Programme;
• Various chemical and biological weapons ; Role of DRDO in various fields
• States of Matter
• Allotropes of carbon.
• pH Scale and importance of pH in daily life.
• Corrosion and its prevention
• Soap and Detergents - Cleansing action of soap.
• Polymers and their uses
• General awareness of digestive, respiratory, circulatory, excretory, coordination and reproductive system of Humans
• Application of Biotechnology and concerned Ethical and Intellectual Property Right Issues.
• Food and Human Health : General Awareness of Balanced and Unbalanced Food, Malnutrition, Intoxicants, Blood, Blood Group and Immunity (Antigen, Antibodies), Blood Transfusion, Immunization & Vaccination.
• Human diseases: Communicable & Non Communicable Diseases, Acute and Chronic Diseases; Causes and Prevention of Infectious, Genetic and Lifestyle Disease.
• Water quality and water purification.
• Public Health Initiatives with special reference to the State of Rajasthan.
• Contribution of Indian Scientists in Science and Technology.
• Ecosystem: Structure and Function.
• Atmosphere : Composition and Basic nutrient cycling (Nitrogen, Carbon and Water Cycles)
• Climate Change; Renewable and Non-Renewable Energy.
• Environmental Pollution and Degradation; Waste Management.
• Biodiversity and its conservation with special reference to the state of Rajasthan.
• Water Conservation with special reference to the Traditional Systems in the State of Rajasthan.
• Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Dairy and Animal Husbandry with special
Reference to Rajasthan