Mithila Review is a speculative arts and culture magazine, which publishes speculative poetry, fantasy and science fiction, film and book reviews, essays and interviews from across the world. A hypertext of original narratives and home of the translated from around the globe, Mithila Review is also an inquiry into the process of translating and the craft of storytelling.
Apart from excellent poetry and fiction, this quarterly issue of Mithila Review includes interviews, essays and roundtable discussions about the state of speculative fiction in Latin America, Czech Republic, and China!
Ebook Format: iBooks/Android (epub)
For Kindle readers (mobi), please order here.
Contributors include Cixin Liu, Jaroslav Mostecký, Vlado Ríša, Martin Šust, Julie Novakova, Carlos Hernandez, David Bowles, Ernest Hogan, Sabrina Vourvoulias, Silvia Moreno-Garcia, William Alexander, Gwendolyn Kiste, Margaret Wack, Mari Ness, Jamie Samdahl, Sandi Leibowitz, Sonya Taaffe, Regina Kanyu Wang, Shaoyan Hu, Andy Dudak, Priya Sharma, Isha Karki, Gautam Bhatia, Aditya Singh and others.
· Introduction - Spectacular Worlds in Translation by Salik Shah
· Cixin Liu: Chinese Readers Care About the Whole Humanity
· 刘慈欣: 中国读者关心整个人类文明
· Quo Vadis, Czech Speculative Fiction? A Round Table Discussion With Jaroslav Mostecký, Vlado Ríša, Martin Šust & Julie Novakova
· Kam Kráčí Česká Fantastika? Panelová Diskuse - Jaroslav Mostecký, Vlado Ríša, Martin Šust & Julie Novakova
· Latin American Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror: A Round Table Discussion With Carlos Hernandez, David Bowles, Ernest Hogan, Sabrina Vourvoulias, Silvia Moreno-Garcia & William Alexander
· Axes on Viola by Jaroslav Mostecký
· American Moat by Carlos Hernandez
· La Gorda and the City of Silver by Sabrina Vourvoulias
· Winds That Stir Vermilion Sands by David Bowles
· Gringos by Ernest Hogan
· The Twelve Rules of Etiquette at Miss Firebird’s School for Girls by Gwendolyn Kiste
· The Saint Of Small Things, Weeping by Margaret Wack
· The Study by Mari Ness
· Life by the river by Jamie Samdahl
· The Gifts by Sandi Leibowitz
· The Process by Sonya Taaffe
· A Brief Introduction to Chinese Science Fiction by Regina Kanyu Wang
· Glimpses of the Evolving Beast: The Mumble Jumble of a Translator by Shaoyan Hu
· Fidelity, Meaning, and Metadata: Observations of a New Translator by Andy Dudak
· Heart of the Labyrinth: Myth as the Starting Point for Storytelling by Priya Sharma
· Invisible Planets: Contemporary Chinese Science Fiction in Translation by Isha Karki
· The East is a Setting: Issues of Place, Theme, and Tone in Ian McDonald’s River of Gods and Beyond by Gautam Bhatia
· Landscape Of Dreams: Metronome by Oliver Langmead by Aditya Singh