Registrations are closed now. You may sign up for a future program.
A 3-week online certificate program to learn analytical techniques, software tools and communication skills with clarity of fundamentals to design a climate-responsive building
Program dates: 27th April, 2020 - 18th May, 2020
Empower yourself with skills and knowledge to design contemporary buildings that are climate responsive. Learn software tools to identify design strategies, analytical techniques to validate decisions and communication skills to tell the story effectively. This training program will be conducted online in a unique blended learning format combining live webinar sessions with online self-paced courses.
- Refresh passive solar design fundamentals and technical concepts
- Identify passive design strategies applicable to the project location
- Learn software skills to execute technical analysis during concept design stage
- Validate design decisions using analytical techniques
- Communicate your ideas effectively to client and team members
- Tell an effective story of your design using communication skills
- Practical application of concepts for contemporary design
- Explain technical terms pertaining to climate, psychrometry, solar geometry and daylighting
- Develop a comprehensive 'Climate Responsive Report' for your project
- Know-how of 6 free software tools and analytical technique
- Copy of all training materials
- Lifetime access to online courses
- Feedback on assignments
- Interaction with expert faculty to answer your queries
- Certificate on completing the capstone project
- Continuing Education (CE) hours of 6 credits from USGBC on completing the self-paced courses
This engaging and immersive program includes 15 hours of e-learning and 16 hours of assignment time comfortably spread over 3 weeks. The format is as follows:
• 1 webinar will be conducted each week as per the detailed schedule. This will cover the software demo and other tools.
• Weekly assignment will be given after each webinar
• Online course modules on various topics will be introduced each week as per the schedule for further reading. While these modules can be taken at your pace, it is recommended that they are complete in that week for the most effective learning experience. Each course module has a quiz to assess learning outcomes
• Participants will apply concepts learnt in each week in a Capstone project and work on their design project to create a comprehensive 'Climate Responsive Design Report'
This program is designed for:
• Any professional involved in designing buildings
• Architects, green building consultants
• Students studying architecture or related discipline (4th year and beyond)
• Faculty teaching architecture or related discipline
Detailed program schedule can be seen here:
For any queries, write to us at <firstname.lastname@example.org>