As in any form of writing, the enemy of writing a play is inertia. This workshop has been designed from personal experiences of inertia, blankness & having to work around them. Created & facilitated by Prashanth Kumar Nair, Playwright & Creative Director at Tahatto, Ok What’s The Scene skips the romanticisation of writing & dive straight into the drama of writing itself. Based on modules that make the process of writing playful, curious & mindful, this workshop is a must-do for anyone who wants to write stories that will be read, spoken & lived & carried on. Both on stage and off it.
Format - The workshop engagement is divided over 3 Weekends:
Saturday, 19th January 2019 - In-person Workshop
Sunday, 27th January 2019 - Online Submission & Review
Sunday, 3rd February 2019 - Actor Readings of Final Drafts
Slots Limited to 10 participants only!
What makes this workshop special?
- Create a 10-min play from scratch in 2 weeks
- Understanding the nitty-gritty of crafting stories from scratch for Stage
- 2 rounds of review to help get the play stage-ready
- Actor readings of the final drafts of all plays
- Select participants may get an opportunity to work on future Tahatto projects
What will be covered in the workshop?
Playwriting styles, crafting a story for the stage, sculpting characters, dialogue composition and self-review of scripts.
- 5-hr workshop with award-winning playwright - Prashanth Nair
- Online reviews and feedback on submissions
- LIVE reading of final drafts by Theatre Actors
- Tea/Coffee during the workshop
- Workshop completion certificates
About the Facilitator -
Prashanth Kumar Nair is a playwright, theatremaker and one of the founders of Tahatto and its present artistic director. His work for the stage has been described as contemporary, poetic, sharp and cheeky, with a tone that’s engaging and the same time deceptive. He was awarded the Hindu Playwright of the Year Award in 2012. His writing has evolved to include poetry, storytelling and music. And his choices are increasingly leading him on ensemble work & productions.
Start Date - 19th January 2019
Timings - 2pm to 7pm
Workshop Duration - 5hrs on Day 1 followed by 2 weekend engagements (check format above)
Venue - Dhurii, (Near Lahe Lahe, Indiranagar)
No.476, 3rd Floor, Shashwatha, 10th Main, Jeevan Bima Nagar Main Road, Near BSNL Office, HAL 3rd Stage, New Tippasandra, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560075
For any Queries:
Badari - +91-9880959035 or <email@example.com>
Piyush - +91-9739450835 or <firstname.lastname@example.org>