One doesn’t have to be an Architect or an Engineer to be a Natural builder. Anyone can build a natural building with right knowledge about using Natural materials. This 2-day initiative aims at introducing participants to the basics of Natural building. People from different walks of life can come together; and learn by doing hands-on work and observing existing projects in our campus. It can serve as a platform to share experiences with like-minded people and arrive at a living in harmony with nature.
The workshop will be a 2-day hand on course focusing on Natural building: techniques and materials. It will be held mostly on 2nd weekend of every month at the foot hill of Arunachala, Tiruvannamalai, Tamil Nadu. It is open for all regardless of their age and profession.
Introduction To Natural Building (Theory)
Introduction To Materials (Theory)
Earth – Sampling/Testing (Prototype)
Lime – Cycle/Slaking/Bagging (Prototype)
Bamboo/Wood – Treatment (Prototype)
Foundation (Hands On)
Wall Systems :
Cob (Hands On)
Wattle And Daub (Hands On)
Adobe (Hands On)
CSMB (Hands On)
Mud Plaster (Prototype)
Lime Plaster (Prototype)
Mud + Lime Plaster (Prototype)
Presentation On Natural
Building-People,Roofing, Flooring (Theory)
• This workshop is open to all profession and age group.
• The intake of participants will be maximum 20.
• The workshop fee is 6000/- which includes lunch and excludes accommodation . Suggestion of accommodation will be given by us beforehand.
• The Itinerary is subjective to change as per the site conditions and weather conditions.
• For queries: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
• For workshop updates : http://thannal.com/natural-buildings-workshops/
• Workshop Videos : CEPT Winter School Workshop : https://vimeo.com/250551626 Mud Age: https://vimeo/15757236