About 4.2 billion people in the world use the internet. If you can market your business to even a fraction of the population, you are a success. But Digital Marketing is not just about being big. In this blog, we unbox digital marketing trends 2020.
Before we fast forward to the future, here’s an overview of the digital marketing trends that marketers swore by in 2019:
- Marketing got more personalized. Campaigns were customized for different target groups. This was also done at an individual level with mass personalization.
- Artificial intelligence made waves in the marketing world. AI-powered customer segmentation, retargeting, push notifications, click tracking, you name it – in a limitless combination of possibilities. It’s even creating content now!
- Live videos became a thing. Increased need for social media presence allowed marketers to reach out to thousands of customers irrespective of location, to view their live stream in the comfort of their own homes.
What’s to come in the next decade? We forecasted trends that could take over digital marketing. These trends will help you boost your business in 2020 and prepare you for the decade.
Here are the 3 most important digital marketing trends 2020:
1. Rank Zero in SEO
If you want your brand name ranking, it should rank at zero! The top spot in SERP ( Search Engine Results Page) is now ‘zero’ – a featured snippet of text appearing above the search results.
This prime location often provides information relating to the search query, while also providing a link to the page from which the information is drawn.
Position zero is the first, and sometimes only, result that some users will view. As such, it is highly coveted and should be the focus of your efforts.
SERP features that make this happen are:
- Featured snippets
- Google’s Local Pack
- Knowledge graphs
So your user’s query is answered on the SERP itself, without them having to click away anywhere.
2. Chatbots – The Lead Capture & Qualification Tool
These AI-driven tools are the new customer interface that all marketers are making use of, not just for digital marketing, but to also collect more leads. In 2020, chatbots will streamline your marketing strategy by automating the beginning of the customer acquisition process.
Over 57% of customers prefer live chats to FAQ pages
What can chatbots do for digital marketing?
- It can strengthen your conversion tactics intelligently while giving users more flexibility
- Helps qualify leads with minimal human interaction through work customizations
- Saves manpower cost & increases productivity by involving human interaction only when needed.
- Chatbots can be added as an extension on various social media platforms for basic level inquiries.
- Programmed to collect data, monitor customer behavior and keep a check on the buying pattern of the consumers.
- Chatbots can handle proactive customer engagement and send follow up messages.
Check out the Instamojo LIVE chat feature
3. Personalization will never go out of style
A report by McKinsey digital has stated that 2020 is going to be the year of personalized marketing. Consumers are quite adept at tuning out generic ads that have no real connection to them. Traditional means of advertising are much less effective. So, what can be done?
Customers decide in 2 seconds whether they like your marketing message. So, make it count.
In a survey of 1,000 people, 90% remarked that they found personalization appealing and 80% admitted they’d be more likely to give their business to a company that offered them a personalized experience.
Email lists are an old standby of marketers, and they lend themselves well to personalization.
Segmented lists with personalized email blasts have been shown to perform much better than generic emails sent to an entire list.
Don’t miss the opportunity to connect with your audience in a meaningful way.
Digital marketing tools to use in 2020:
We discussed all this and more in a LIVE webinar with Reetam Das – Director of Performance Marketing at Instamojo. Check out the live session here:
mojoSeries Part 16: Digital Marketing Trends in 2020
We are LIVE for our 16th mojoSeries: Digital Marketing Trends in 2020Join us in conversation with Reetam Das to discuss the digital marketing trends you need to know about in 2020! Get your free ebook on this topic. Leave us your email id here: http://bit.ly/2scudDZ
Instamojo यांनी वर पोस्ट केले बुधवार, ११ डिसेंबर, २०१९
Great Article. Its really informative and innovative. keep posting with latest updates. Thanks for sharing.
These trends are absolutely correct and there are more new things to come. Good Post.