The GST Council introduced e-invoicing for Indian businesses to ensure transparent transactions and a uniform system that benefitted anyone who maintained invoices with suppliers. The Government’s motive was to help businesses reduce costs and save time on tracking and gathering data to upload on the portal.
However, many small businesses are still not sure what GST e-invoicing is, and how it benefits them. Therefore, we collaborated with Masters India to bring you a complete GST e-invoicing course!
- 0.1 Terms to know before understanding GST e-invoicing
- 0.2 E-invoice
- 0.3 GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- 0.4 What is GST e-invoicing?
- 0.5 Benefits of GST e-invoicing for small business owners
- 1 💡 Free course to generate GST e-invoices easily 💡
Terms to know before understanding GST e-invoicing
A GST e-invoice is a digital invoice copy you upload on the GSTN portal at the time of (received from the Government portal) containing the IRN (Invoice Reference Number) and QR Code issued by the taxpayer to the buyer.
GST (Goods and Services Tax)
GST refers to the indirect tax levied by the Government on domestic goods and services in India.
More than 1,03,99,305 businesses are registered under GST. This includes almost 64.42 lakh existing taxpayers and 39.56 lakh new registrations under GST. As a small business, it is necessary to know the inner workings of the GST system.
Keep your business ready for GST. Watch our webinar with Nishank Goyal, Founder, and CEO of Masters India to know everything about GST for small businesses.
What is GST e-invoicing?
According to MastersIndia, a GST Suvidha Provider (GSP) appointed by the Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN), the e-Invoicing process, is all about following a standardized rule that will help taxpayers/users generate and read electronic invoices uniformly. Simply put, your traditional paper receipt will now be recorded and filled in online.
With the implementation of GST e-invoicing, an e-Invoice raised by a taxpayer can be read by any computer system through the Government assigned dynamic Quick Response (QR) code, up or down the supply chain.
The Invoice Reference Number (IRN) allotted in this process works as a unique identification number for the invoice submitted.
The above definition has been sourced from MastersIndia’s eBook ‘ E-invoicing Simplified’ which is available for free. Download the eBook here.
Benefits of GST e-invoicing for small business owners
- E-invoicing could simplify the exchange of documents between suppliers/taxpayers and buyers, just like sending/receiving emails
- Businesses today issue invoices in different formats and e-invoicing will ensure a uniform format for all invoices. This helps avoid any confusion and you will have no trouble finding a particular e-invoice for a specific supplier
- The Government hopes that this will promote B2B communication by reducing errors and costs involved
- Real-time tracking of invoices by the supplier to avoid duplicating
- E-invoicing will ensure digitization, standardization, and paperless transmission of invoices and also eliminate data re-entry and reconciliation errors
- The GSTN portal will have your GST details; this will help automate any other invoice uploading
💡 Free course to generate GST e-invoices easily 💡
Save time, reduce costs and claim Input Tax credit with GST compliant e-invoices. We understand it is not easy to grasp this in a day with an eBook or a guide. Keeping this in mind, we collaborated with MastersIndia, and curated a free online GST e-invoicing course on mojoVersity; our exclusive e-learning platform for MSMEs!
Masters India offers tax and financial automation products to enterprises. They offer advanced compliance automation solutions to enterprises that reduce compliance work, increase work accuracy and improve ease of business.
Every month, Masters India successfully processes 4% of India’s e-invoices and 8% of e-way bills (generated through API). They have helped businesses file billions in taxes.
Why choose this course?
Understanding GST e-invoicing helps you avoid late fees, penalties and also lets you keep a close look into money going in and out of the company. With this course, you benefit from learning about –
- Different GST invoices that apply for your business
- The difference between B2B and B2C invoices
- Access to a free GST invoice generator
- What are e-way bills and if it applies to your business
- e-Invoicing and the future of GST invoices
- Access to a community of GST-registered businesses
How mojoVersity works?
New to online courses? mojoVersity helps you upskill and learn something new in your journey as an entrepreneur. Our team carefully curates courses on skills, tips, and knowledge toolkits that benefit small business owners with daily tasks.
All courses on mojoVersity are short, crisp, and crafted by industry experts to help you be the best at what you do. All you need to do is:
- Sign up with an email
- Enroll in any course for FREE
- Log in any time you want from any device to watch the videos
- Take a quiz at the end of the course
- Download your verified certificate on course completion