World Disability Day is celebrated every December 3rd.
Declared by the United Nations, the day is observed as to protect ‘ the rights and well-being of persons with disabilities in all spheres of society and development.’
The world celebrates the day to increase awareness of situations for people with disabilities in every aspect of social, economic, cultural, and political life.
Being ‘differently-abled’ or ‘disabled’ or ‘mobility impaired’ shouldn’t hold anyone back from living a normal life. Therefore, this year, we celebrate five such stories who have braved it all to become successful entrepreneurs.
5 inspirational stories of brave people who smiled at what life threw at them and continued to pursue their dreams –
1. The Technology Man – Iftikhar Ali
2. The Man with a Mission – Mohammed Gaddafi
3. Teaching a new way of life – Shenaz Haveliwala
4. Being Beautiful – Sangita Desai
5. The Noble Enabler – Shailesh Sheth