Webinars today are not just a marketing strategy – it is a way for businesses to stay relevant and even sell their products. But, do you know how to host webinars?
After the initiation of the lockdown globally, businesses and individuals alike have taken to LIVE streaming and conducting webinars to stay relevant and keep the show going.
Over 73% of marketing professionals say webinars are one of the best ways to collect leads and translate them into sales.
So, we recommend you turn on the camera and talk to your customers. Given that video marketing has spiked by 70% since the beginning of the year, webinars and online events are on the rise. Maybe even too much!
So how can your brand stick it out and stay relevant in these times? We have some tips.
3 Tips to ensure your online webinar runs smoothly
Webinars are highly engaging. When you conduct an online event LIVE, more viewers pitch in to ask questions, and engage in your content and you ace your lead generation game.
Pick a topic you would love:
Would you enjoy a topic about a minor product update? Or a news-based webinar? No, you would love to listen or tune in to a webinar that could provide value to you as a person/business. So, pick topics like:
- An engaging interview with a subject matter expert
- A current trending debate that’s making headlines (What is ChatGPT and why is it creating such an uproar?)
- Learnings from an event/session you or your guest held elsewhere
It’s a movie, so do a rehearsal:
When we conduct our mojoSeries, it’s handled like a play. There’s a script, a lot of equipment testing, costumes (dress sharp) and lots of rehearsals.
Maybe even some tears, but that’s mostly due to power failure. So make sure your internet connectivity and mic equipment are working perfectly.
Give your webinar a landing page:
When you promote your upcoming online event or webinar, don’t just share a promotional creative. Everyone is doing that.
- Create a webinar landing page
- Send weekly reminders to those who registered
- Set up tickets (paid or FREE) depending on your speaker/content/any costs incurred.
Use Instamojo Smart Pages to host the perfect webinar in 5 easy steps:
- Set up your own landing page for free
- Give a suitable title, a high-quality banner image, and a short description of what your audience would want to know
- Add in your own customised “Pay Button” [It can be “Book your seat, reserve your spot” etc]
- Add a ‘goal tracker’ so that your audience knows how many seats are left
- Hit publish!
Here is the perfect example of using Instamojo Smart Pages to get registrations for an online workshop or webinar.
3 Tools you need for the perfect webinar
As a webinar host, one of the most important elements of a successful webinar for me – is the right platform.
Do not see yourself as a host to your online video, think you are the conductor of an orchestra. There are multiple people depending on your cue to execute what they need to say.
So, what platform would suit your perfect webinar?
Old is gold – and Google Meets is a family favourite. Plus, it’s FREE. The meeting software is accessible on mobile devices, desktops and tablets. You can share your screen and chat on the tool with your guests.
It makes for a great tool for webinars and you get to upload it to Youtube once the meeting is complete.
An all-time favourite, Zoom is the most LIVE-friendly tool there is. This is perfect if you want to host a LIVE class/workout session/webinar which is interactive. You can connect Zoom to Facebook and Youtube LIVE.
For example: Check out our latest webinar with Bizgurukul here.
Here’s an updated comparison between Google Meet vs. Zoom vs.
Looking to host a webinar? ClickMeeting is user-friendly, quick and carries great resolution It is browser-based and you can customise the layout of every webinar to suit your brand.
ClickMeeting also has a mobile app that allows you to schedule, invite, stream and record your webinars. The tool has a free plan, so give it a try here.
Pro Tip: If you are conducting an online event on social media, make sure you have an external mic and minimal background noise. Social media is prone to bugs (ask us) and can result in glitches in the middle of your webinar.
mojoSeries – Conducting LIVE webinars
Like many businesses out there, Instamojo too conducts monthly webinars called mojoSeries. We face issues too like:
- Internet connection glitching in the middle of a webinar
- Internet bug disrupting the webinar every 5 minutes.
How we tackle them:
- Check the internet connection well in advance, conduct demos and keep a script ready.
- Send an email to the registered audience once the webinar is LIVE.
- Test the mic and keep a team of test users ready to let us know if any issue persists.
- Keep it interactive, chat with the audience and answer every question that comes our way.
- Send along ebooks and PDFs to those who stayed till the end!
It’s not rocket science, but it is a great way to collect leads – check out our webinars here if you need any references.
Host your own successful webinars in 2024. Start building landing pages that get you quality leads and registrations for free.