People watch over 5 billion YouTube videos daily. How do you stay relevant on a platform that has 30 million daily users? If you play your cards right, Youtube can be the best digital marketing choice that you make for your eCommerce business!
- 1 Why does Youtube marketing work for small eCommerce businesses?
- 2 Youtube and Small eCommerce businesses in India
- 3 How to use YouTube for eCommerce business?
- 4 Tips to use Youtube for small eCommerce Businesses
- 5 How to sell on Youtube for eCommerce businesses?
- 6 How Instamojo facilitates sales for online stores through YouTube:
- 7 Learn from our free course on growing your eCommerce business with Youtube
Why does Youtube marketing work for small eCommerce businesses?
The video giant is more than just a platform for makeup vloggers and funny cat fails. Over 1.9 billion logged-in users visit Youtube on a monthly basis.
How will this help your business? Well, currently less than 10% of small businesses are using it. And with the HUGE crowd that is already on Youtube, this is the perfect opportunity for you to gain viewers before the competition becomes unmanageable!
YouTube was formed in early 2005 and has grown rapidly since. Every minute, people around the world upload more than 300 hours’ worth of video footage to YouTube.
It is the second most-visited website on the entire web.
The first-ever Youtube video was published in 2005! According to an article by Impact, it is estimated that by the end of this year, 80% of all web traffic will be claimed by video. Video is still one of the best forms of content marketing strategy with regard to engagement.
Youtube and Small eCommerce businesses in India
YouTube has completed over 10 years in India. Over its time, the video marketing platform has penetrated over 80% of India’s internet universe.
India have the largest active user base in India with over 450 million active users. That coupled with the fact that the nation has over 42 million small businesses – Youtube can be a powerhouse for generating leads and sales!
How to use YouTube for eCommerce business?
Creating a business account: You must have a Google account, in order to engage with videos by either liking, sharing, subscribing or commenting on them. Your Google account could be your Gmail account.
What kind of videos should you share?
The length of the average YouTube video is 4 minutes and 20 seconds. But video length can range from short to long videos over 20 minutes in length. Based on your business, create videos that form a part of your audience.
Split your videos into playlists, like ‘How to’ videos or customer stories etc.
Define your marketing strategy.
Write down specific targets you wish to achieve using youtube to grow your business:
- Reach/subscriber numbers
Once you get started
- Talk to customers in the comments of your videos to gain their trust.
- Invite customers to subscribe to your channel for updates.
- Slowly, collaborate with top YouTubers to publish sponsored video content about your products on their channels.
Tips to use Youtube for small eCommerce Businesses
YouTube for your small business is more than just a video-sharing platform. It is an elaborate glossary that carries everything your company wishes to market and inform your audience. You can use this platform to tell the audience what you sell online, what your brand values are and create an emotional bond with them.
Besides this, you can adopt these short, sure-fire tips to up your Youtube game:
Download the vidIQ extension
Download the vidIQ extension for your Google Chrome browser. This extension helps provide important information about your videos such as— SEO score, search term ranking, views/hour, engagement rate, and much more! You can also upgrade to premium for more features.
Thumbnails play a huge role in the success of your videos. A good, eye-catching thumbnail gets people to click on your video. Make sure the thumbnail clearly communicates what people can expect in the video. Good thumbnails are the backbone of a strong Youtube channel.
Note: Do not use clickbait thumbnails and make sure they are relevant to the actual content of the video.
Writing the perfect title can get your videos a lot more organic views than usual. If yours is a new channel, try and focus on writing longer and more descriptive titles. For example, let us assume you are a baker based in India.
If your new Youtube video is about a new flavour of chocolate cake you are introducing, this is how the title should look like—
“Brand new chocolate cake launch by an Indian bakery | Order new flavour now”
Avoid using shorter titles like:
“New chocolate cake launch”
“Launching new chocolate cake”
The more details you include in your title, the better are the chances of it appearing higher on youtube search results. Always try to provide additional information such as location to boost regional views.
Youtube descriptions are one of the best sources of promoting multiple product links, blogs, and other relevant URLs for your business. Descriptions play a big role in how much your video is recommended on Youtube to audiences. Make sure that the keywords you use in your description are the same as the title of your video.
Tags are a part of your video which require you to research to get the best results. As mentioned in the point above, vidIQ is helpful in giving you suggestions. The idea of using tags is to tell the system about every aspect of your video.
For example, let us use the same title as above “Brand new chocolate cake launch by an Indian bakery | Order new flavour now”
The tags for this video should look something like this—
New chocolate cake flavour, cake recipe by Indian baker, how to make a chocolate cake, chocolate cake new launch, Indian bakery chocolate cake flavour
You can also do the tags research using this FREE Keyword tool.
While Youtube provides a lot of metrics for analysis, these are the ones you should prioritize as a business owner looking to boost sales—
- Impressions: The number of times your video appears on users’ screens. Better impressions indicate good quality titles, descriptions, and tags.
- Click-Through Rate: This is the number of times people view a video by the number of impressions. A higher CTR indicates good quality thumbnails.
- Views: More views indicate that your channel is creating content consistently, and people are watching your videos.
- Watched time: Watched time tells you about the duration for which people are watching your content. If this number is higher, people are finding your videos engaging.
- Subscribers: This metric shows the number of people who want to continue receiving updates from your channel. Increase your subscriber to increase your impressions, views, and all the channel metrics.
How to sell on Youtube for eCommerce businesses?
Selling via Youtube is one of the best ways in 2024. As more people are watching content on Youtube, they are also making their purchase decisions there. Here is how you can make sales via your channel—
1. Links in the description— This is the most common way to plugin links to your online store, your products, testimonials, and other promotional content. Make sure you add multiple links and tell your audience what the link is about.
2. Links in comments— Your viewers will usually go through the comments on your videos. You can also put up your important links in the comments and then pin the comment.
3. Adding a custom link to your profile banner– In your Youtube Studio, go to Customisation -> Basic Info -> Links -> Links on the banner
You can display your online store, social media accounts, and other links in your banner for your audience to visit.
4. Link cards— You can insert “Link cards” in your videos at various timestamps to send them to an external link. When you are demonstrating your products, including a link card during that timestamp to let people go and shop from your online store directly.
How Instamojo facilitates sales for online stores through YouTube:
We use the video-sharing platform too! You can find a plethora of ‘How-to’ videos on Instamojo YouTube channel, along with snippets of our company culture and customer stories.
Also, we allow our sellers to easily link their online stores or specific products on Youtube! Customers can easily click on these links to visit your eCommerce website from YouTube! How?
Simply copy/paste your product or online store link onto your YouTube video description page and your customers will be redirected to your online store homepage or the product page.
Learn from our free course on growing your eCommerce business with Youtube
If you want a more detailed explanation of how you can use Youtube for eCommerce businesses, just enrol in our course on mojoVersity without any additional expenses and watch your online store gain massive amounts of traffic and new customers!
In this course, apart from what we covered in this blog, you’ll also learn in detail
- Content ideas for Youtube to promote your eCommerce business
- Tools that you need to perform better on Youtube
- Analytics and metrics that you need to track
- A guide on promoting your videos and deploying paid ads
Check out the promo for the course here:
Want to live your dreams of becoming an entrepreneur? Start now with Instamojo.