India now ranks 28th in the Government E-Payments Adoption Ranking study, a survey conducted by Visa.
The Government E-Payments Adoption Ranking (GEAR) is a Global Index and benchmarking study commissioned by Visa, the card issuing company to check how governments around the world are adopting digital payments.
The main objective of this study is to gauge the efforts put in by participating governments in the adoption of technology and digital payments in their day-to-day affairs. India ranked 36th in the second edition, which was released in 2011. The current ranking shows the tremendous growth and progression in the initiation of digital payments by the government.
The GEAR system ranks countries based on two important dimensions:
- The availability of government electronic transaction services.
- The underlying mechanisms that support digitization for all transactions, such as policy and infrastructure.
India, now leads in the Business to Government category, and shares the spot with countries like Australia, Singapore and South Korea.
The category deals with:
- Ease of calculating and making tax payments
- Registering and renewing registrations digitally
- Digitally calculating and periodically paying out pension fund contributions
- Simplifying refunds and loan applications, with digital tracking
- Digital portals to submit proposals for government procurement services
E-Payments and Digital India:
Recently, IMPS (Immediate Payment Service) was ranked #1 on the Faster Payments Innovation Index. While India has topped the charts with meeting consumer requirements, the GEAR rankings only go to prove the extent to which the Indian Government has worked towards the adoption of a truly digital India.
Do more than just collecting payments with Instamojo.
With our Smart Links you can not only collect instant payments, but also additional customer insights for shipping and invoicing purposes. Additionally, you can share this simple link over various social media platforms and customize these links to reflect your brand.
If you are a budding entrepreneur or a local business planning to go digital, use Instamojo’s free online store. Here, you can not only showcase your products but also sell and ship your products within a few clicks.
Why wait when the world is going cashless? Enjoy the comfort of transacting cashless with Instamojo.