Growth marketing is one of the biggest buzzwords in 2021, because even if you are a small business now, you may not always want to be one. Every business deserves a chance to grow!
Some entrepreneurs call growth marketing ‘the future of marketing’, but what does it really mean?
Growth marketing involves experimentation and optimization across the marketing funnels. It involves a growth-focused approach that replaces traditional marketing with only what is testable, trackable, and scalable.
In other words, growth marketing uses long-term solutions for growth such as SEO optimization, A/B testing, etc for getting people from the top to the bottom of the funnel.
But don’t confuse growth marketing with growth hacking. Let’s take a moment to differentiate the two terms.
There are 4 differences between growth hacking and growth marketing
- Growth hacking requires more technical skills, such as programming, tooling, and automation. However, to perform growth marketing, you don’t need to know all these skills
- Entrepreneurs and marketers aim for rapid growth in a short time with growth hacking whereas growth marketing is aimed for slow and sustainable growth
- Growth hacking is more data-driven and focused on automation as compared to growth marketing which is focused on the customers and solving business problems.
- Growth hacking has nothing to do with the brand while growth marketing is putting the brand as the top priority
Generally, Growth hacks can be short-term or long-term. But, they should also be repeatable, measurable, and scalable – Rohan Chaubey, Growth Hacker and author of ‘The Growth Hacking Book Vol 1 and 2’
To scale up your business in today’s competitive world you need specialized growth tools to maximize the performance.
The 6 best growth marketing tools for your small business
Hotjar is a behavior analytics tool used to collect user behavior data and session recordings. It helps you visualize conversion funnels, which allows you to find loopholes in your landing page easily. It captures the actions of the users landing on your website, including clicks, taps, and scrolling across multiple pages on both desktop and mobile devices accurately.
- Hotjar helps you collect the feedback that explains your users’ behaviour
- Gives you clear and visual data points about what’s happening on your site
- It is super easy to set up and learn how to use it
Helphero is a product growth platform helping you better activate, engage, and retain users throughout their user journey.
They create engaging onboarding experiences with their easy-to-follow product tours. you can easily create walkthroughs of your product without any coding, making onboarding a breeze.
- HelpHero is a powerful and easy-to-use onboarding tool that is also cost-effective.
- Reduced time and money spent on customer support.
- Enables you to put the spotlight on new features and product enhancements.
Drift is a cloud-based Revenue Acceleration platform that helps businesses automate sales processes by adding live chat options to your website. You can create multiple Drift inboxes to manage different types of conversations. Drift also allows sending preset replies for answering common questions. Drift also comes with a feature to provide you with insights that’ll help you find ways of improving future customer interactions.
- Drift’s dashboard provides a holistic view of performance metrics and interactions including the number of meetings booked, leads acquired, and conversations impacting your business.
- Simple to use without any advanced technical skills or heavy software user experience.
- It has a free plan to test out live chat or calendar bookings for 1 user.
Mailchimp is an email marketing tool that provides everything you need to create and send email campaigns to custom audiences. Mailchimp’s free platform lets you add up to 2,000 email subscribers and send up to 10,000 emails each month. It automates your email marketing efforts, saving you time and energy.
- Their Audience management tools help you identify the right audiences for your business.
- The design tools are easy-to-use and have flexible templates.
- With the help of their Creative Assistant, you can generate custom designs in just a few seconds.
SEMrush is one of the best SEO tools to make your brand visible online. It helps with content marketing, improves SEO across your websites, and manages your social media presence. Some of the most popular tools to use on SEMrush are:
- Technical SEO audit
- Social media tracker
- Backlink audit
- Ad builder
- Keyword position tracking
- On-page SEO checker
- PPC keyword tool
- Organic traffic insights
- It gives you a 360-degree view of your competitors so you can easily know all the ins and outs of your competitor sites.
- A detailed analysis report of what keywords to target and which product ads to use are easily available
Bonus: To make your business rank on the first page of Google, you must know these 5 SEO hacks
6) Google Keyword Planner
If you want more people to find you on Google, you’ll need a keyword tool to help you to focus on certain keywords. Google Keyword Planner is a great tool for narrowing down the right keywords, gauging competition around each one, and finding out how many people are searching for them. With Google Keyword Planner you can-
- Find keywords: Get keyword ideas that can help you reach people interested in your product or service
- Get search volume and forecasts: See search volume and other historical metrics for your keywords, as well as forecasts for how they might perform in the future.
Related read: Top 5 Social Media Analytics Tools For Small Businesses
1. Quick Access
Google Keyword Planner is 100% free to use. You need not spend anything to gain access to its features. All you need to have is an active Google account to get started.
2. In-Depth Monthly Searches
This tool also includes an ‘Average monthly searches’ bar chart that enables users to track the monthly progress of their chosen keywords. This helps you to stay on top of the SEO game from your competitors.
3. Add to Existing Campaigns
With Google Keyword Planner, not only can you save new keywords to a plan but you can also add keywords to your current campaign.
Selecting the right set of growth marketing software and tools will allow you to build an effective growth strategy for your business. While the list of tools we’ve compiled for you can be a great starting point, keep in mind that your business might have different needs that require different tools.
Growth hacking for small businesses
As per advanceb2b’s growth hacking guide, growth hacking has nothing to do with the brand, growth marketing has everything to do with the brand. But now, small business entrepreneurs are taking on growth hacks to scale their businesses. To help you with this brand new term, we compiled an eBook with the Growth hacker – Rohan Chaubey.
Download this FREE eBook by Rohan Chaubey, Growth Hacker and Co-author, for an in-depth guide on growth hacking for small businesses
Try these marketing tools to grow your business to new levels!